A Room Full of People present: NOTHING (by Lulu Raczka)
…..………..………………….. WHAT IS IT?
A Room Full of People is a performance collective currently fronted by Jordan Linton & Rachel Eames.
This summer, we are bringing together a group of Bristol based artists to create a dynamic, multidisciplinary and experimental piece of contemporary performance based on the 2014 play NOTHING by Lulu Raczka.
As artists and directors, we are keen to make work that is playful and unexpected. Within this performance piece we will be exploring the line between emotion and apathy in individuals in the current social climate, and how that line can be blurred.
………………….. WHO DO WE WANT?
We are looking to create a company of 8 performers that are open, creative, playful and willing to explore, take risks and learn from each other. This is a call out for performers from a range of backgrounds, including;
- Poets / Spoken Word Artists
- Visual Artists
- PerformanceArtists/Live Artists
- Musicians / Vocalists
… as well as performers from more traditional theatre backgrounds!
We really encourage responses from;
- Performers who have minimal experience with theatrical performance
- Performers from working class backgrounds
- Performers from BAME backgrounds
- LGBTQ+ Performers
We hope to create a company that is artistically diverse. The performance will draw upon multiple artistic areas, blending and blurring them together so that they all hold equal significance in the piece. Whether you have experience in multiple areas or just the one, we’d love for you to apply or get in touch if this sounds like something you’d be interested in!
- This project is probably unpaid - we are working on a DIY basis, and any profit made will be divided amongst the company
- This is not a showcase of other work or an opportunity to perform your own work
………….. WHEN DO WE WANT YOU?
We will perform;
- TWO shows during the week beginning 2nd July
- In a Bristol City Centre venue (confirmed, just not announced yet!)
We will rehearse;
- ONE or TWO evenings a week through May and June
- In a Bristol City Centre Space
……..……………..………….. GET IN TOUCH
If you’re interested and are free to come along to a workshop / audition at 6pm on Wednesday 25th April, then please drop us a line at email@example.com!
(If you can’t make this time but are interested then let us know anyway - we are up for putting on another workshop / audition if there’s enough demand!)
We hope to hear from you soon!
Jordan and Rachel x